Sweet Summertime & Shop Shift

July 10, 2018

Summer,  noun
1.  the season between spring and autumn, in the Northern Hemisphere from the summer solstice to the autumnal equinox, and in the Southern Hemisphere from the winter solstice to the vernal equinox
3.  the period of hot, usually sunny weather  (according to Dictionary.com)

Summer, noun
1.  the season to recharge and self-reflect on the past year of teaching and plan ways in which you can enhance your classroom experiences to best meet the needs of your students
2.  the most well-known season when teachers actually "Netflix and chill"
3.  the time of year teachers focus on and finish reading that book he or she started back in October
4.  the season where teachers catch up on their vitamin D levels (if catching up is even a real thing)
5. the time of year when teachers don't feel guilty for taking an hour each day to focus on themselves (according to Kyra Yung, 2018)

We all have our own interpretations and perceptions of the things around us.  How would you define summer?

Oh, sweet summertime, how I love you.  Summer has always been one of my favorite seasons.  Summer is truly my time to recharge, self-reflect, make new goals, and, lately, focus more on myself.  I've always been one who tries to serve others and put others first, but this summer has been a little different.  I've actually taken time to focus on myself.  Not that I'm not focusing on others. I've just made time for myself and figuring out what I need to be the best person I can be for others.  I've taken time to read books, soak up the sun, focus on personal and professional goals, relax, catch up on Netflix shows, listen to and be inspired by new podcasts, and spend as much time with family as possible.  I even closed my Etsy shop for the entire month of June in order to completely recharge.

While my Etsy shop was closed, I reflected on my shop and truly focused on my vision for my shop.  I decided to change my shop name from Click Clip Create, which was inspired by my TeachersPayTeachers store, to The Yung Life Designs.  The Yung Life Designs is more fitting for my store and it also matches my blog.  Having two different names for my shop and blog was a lot like having too many passwords.  If I have too many passwords, I'll never remember all of them.  The Yung Life Designs really revolves around the people in my life and things I'm inspired to create because of them.  I mean, I started my shop with baby items because my nephew made me an aunt for the first time around the time I opened my shop.  I truly felt as if my shop name should reflect that.



Last week, I focused on creating an inspiration board for my shop, with all of the items and designs I would like to include.  My inspiration board really helped me focus on where I want my shop to go next.  This may or may not be a good subject with my husband, who is currently organizing some of his tools in our garage so he can start building some new signs.  😆😬 Today I focused on creating 10 new t-shirt designs and they are listed and ready for purchase.  Below are the new designs!  I hope you love them!












Summertime has really helped me focus on myself and all of my goals.  How others seem to have their life put together all year long and have that great work-life balance is amazing to me.  I'm trying my best, but there are times we all have to take things one day at a time.  No one has a perfect life, but little by little, we try to make The Yung Life the best it can be and summer helps me with that so much.  Thank you, summer!  I'm still not the best at blogging on a consistent basis, but I'm working on this as well.  What are you trying to work on?  What goals are you setting for yourself?  Which goals have you achieved?  If you haven't thought about this, take the time to reflect right now.

Forever Yung,
Kyra

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Instagram