Winter Baby Blues

February 13, 2017


A couple of weeks ago, we hosted a baby shower for my sister-in-law and my soon-to-be nephew.  I can’t believe that in about a month I will get to meet baby boy.  I must say that after planning the gender reveal party and the baby shower that I enjoy party planning way too much.  Honestly, party planning is almost a stress reliever for me.  Who would’ve thought that?

My sister-in-law shared some invitation ideas with me from Pinterest of course.  The initial invitations that she sent me had plaid, snow covered mountains, and snowflakes on them.  After trying to narrow down the theme with her based on the images she liked, we decided to go with a “snowy mountain” theme.  With that being said, the colors blue and white couldn’t be any more perfect for a baby boy or a snowy mountain theme.  Here's the invitation design that I came up with.  



After already having the gender reveal party under our belts, I felt as if the baby shower would be a piece of cake to plan.  Like with any other party, I headed over to Pinterest for some inspiration and here is the idea board that I came up with.



Over one weekend I worked on creating the decorations.  You will soon learn that I don’t like to buy anything that I think I can make.  I’m stubborn and hard headed like my grandpa, so when I set my mind to something I’m determined to make it happen. 

The decorations included: (* indicates purchased items)
  • Mountain banner
  • Boy It’s Cold Outside banner
  • Snowflakes and mittens banner
  • Falling snow
  • “BABY”
  • *Snowflakes (I purchased mine from Dollar Tree—even when I purchase something, I don’t like to spend much money)
  • Cone mountains
  • Handlettered chalkboards
  • *onesie








Handlettered chalkboards are a favorite of mine when it comes to decorating.  Even if you try to make each one similar, they are all so unique and really add personalization to any party.  I will share with you in a later post how I made some of these decorations. 

Before the shower began, we not only hung up all of the decorations, but we set up our games as well. 

Our games included:
  • Guess How Many
  • The Price is Right
  • Blindfolded Diaper Changing Tournament


  • Name that Poo





While we were heating up the candy bars for the Name that Poo game, we had our guests enjoy refreshments. 

Our refreshments included:
  • Cake
  • Punch
  • Cream Cheese Mints
  • Cookies ‘n Cream Cake Pops
  • Mixed Nuts
  • Citrus water









After we finished our last game, it was time to open gifts, which is the main reason showers take place even if the soon to be moms don’t want to admit it. 

Me, my sister-in-law (mom-to-be), and my other sister-in-law

My brother and sister-in-law
As you can see, we had a great time at the shower.  I was determined to make handmade gifts for my future nephew.  I know the things my grandma made for me are some of the things I treasure the most.  I hope Baby Boy Clements knows how much he is already loved and I can’t wait to meet him in March!

Forever Yung,

Kyra

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Instagram