Moments

June 17, 2020

Moments...

Life can be measured in moments. 

Moments you cherish. 
Moments you miss. 
Moments you crave. 
Moments you don't like. 
Moments you love. 
Moments that are small. 
Moments that are big. 
Moments you'll never get back. 
Moments you take for granted. 
Moments that create your life story. 

This past weekend I reflected on some moments in my life that have shaped me for the past two years.  As I stood one last time at the entrance of the elementary building where I served as the assistant principal, I kept thinking about moments I took for granted and that I will never get back.  


When we said goodbye to our students back in March, I never dreamed that we would not be able to share special moments with them again.  Instead, we worked from home and this past weekend, I went in and packed up my office to move to my new building.  The moments I really needed were:
  • one more chance to greet our students and staff
  • one more chance to say goodbye
  • one more chance to let our students and staff know how much I love them and care about them
  • CLOSURE 
But that's life, right?  If we don't live in the moments, then we take them for granted.  We live with the what-ifs and non-closure.  We live with regret.  Would I have liked one more day to give our staff and students the proper goodbye?  You bet.  But if we are living in those moments and living with intentionality, then we should be able to have our own form of closure.  I try my best to treat each day as if it could be my last, but there are days that I am better than others.  



I will miss so many moments with our #TrustyHuskies, but I also know that there are so many great moments ahead for me and so many great moments ahead for each of them.  To all of our #TrustyHuskies, I will forever hold a special place in my heart for each of you.  You have impacted my life in so many special ways and I am forever grateful for each and every one of you.  As I drove out of the parking lot for the last time as your assistant principal wiping tears from my eyes, I couldn't help but think of all of the amazing moments we shared and I will forever cherish.  Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for being who you are and making me a better person through each moment.  I love you all! 



With that being said, I'm excited for what lies ahead as I move on to Battle Elementary! I know we will have so many moments that I will forever cherish and love, and moments that will also help build my life story.  I can't wait to get this journey started with our entire Battle family!  





Remember to cherish the moments and never take a second for granted.  

Forever Yung, 
Kyra




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Instagram