Glitter--It's Life Changing!

October 15, 2017

I've been struggling with my blog lately--finding time, topics people actually WANT to read, finding inspiration, etc.  It's been over two months since I last blogged--my whole life is really a work in progress.  Today I told myself that I HAD to blog no matter what because I figured out something that has forever changed my life (don't laugh).  Life really is about all of those little things.  

I feel as if I am probably the only person on the planet who didn't already have this figured out prior to today, but just in case someone else out there doesn't have this figured out, I wanted to share my discovery so I can change your life, too!  My discovery:  creating a glitter font using powerpoint!

If you're like me, you LOVE fonts!  The more fonts I can download, the happier I am.  Sometimes the choice of fonts can be overwhelming and difficult to narrow down, but I just love having a wide variety to choose from.  If you're a teacher, fonts are a must-have! Some of my favorite fonts are from Kimberly Geswein, Hello Literacy, and Cara Carroll.  There are millions, if not billions, of fonts out there for you to download.  Some fonts cost money, but there are lots of fonts out there that are free! I also have a few fonts that are free for you to download in my TeachersPayTeachers' store.  I would have more, but again, the time factor.  Maybe one day I'll actually get The Yung Life put together...  

I create most of my products for TeachersPayTeachers using Microsoft PowerPoint.  PowerPoint is so easy to use and you can create just about anything, even glitter fonts!  Here is my tutorial on how to create glitter fonts (FYI:  I did this on my MacBook, so other computers may vary):

1.  Open a new presentation with PowerPoint.  I always delete the text boxes that automatically pop up on each slide.  


2.  Draw a text box and type in the box what you want your document to say.  


3.  Highlight the text and change the font to your desired font, size, etc.  Don't worry about the color of the font yet.  


4.  With the font still highlighted, right click over the text and click on "Format Text Effects...".  A "Format Shape" side panel should show up on the right hand side of your screen.  




5.  Click on "Text Options" in the side panel.  Click on "Text Fill & Outline" (the A with blue line underneath) and then then click the dropdown arrow next to "Text Fill".  After the drop down opens up, select the circle next to "Picture and texture fill".  


6.  Pull up your internet browser (Safari, Explorer, Chrome, etc.) and find a glitter image that you like.  I just did a Google search and typed in "gold glitter" in the images search bar.  If you want green glitter, just search for "green glitter" and so on.  When you find the glitter image that you like, right click the image you like and click "copy image".  


7.  Go back to your presentation in powerpoint.  In the side panel under "Insert picture from", click "Clipboard".  If you cannot select "Clipboard", you didn't copy the image--go back to your internet browser and click copy image again.  At this point, your font should change, unless it is no longer highlighted.  Now you have a glitter font!  

I told you this would be life changing!  Have other fonts you like that I should check out or have questions about this tutorial?  Let me know!  Sometimes it's the simplest things that can improve your life.  Stay humble my friends!

Forever Yung, 
Kyra


SaveSave

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Instagram