End of the Year Gift: Survival

May 23, 2018

From as early as I can remember, my parents always taught my siblings and I that "it's better to give than receive".  As a child, I never fully understood this and I selfishly always wanted more.  As the years have gone by, the pure happiness and joy I'm overcome with when giving to others cannot be created in any other way.  

One of my favorite things to do at the end of the year is to give my students an end of the year gift.  A few years ago, I stumbled across Lessons with Laughter's blog post about end of the year gifts.  I absolutely loved her idea about creating a survival kit.  Thanks, Molly! 😊

This year, I wanted to make sure I made a personalized gift for my students.  I bought sand buckets at Dollar Tree for $1/bucket, but I also saw some that were just as affordable at Wal-Mart and Target.  I then used my Cricut to cut student names out of vinyl and I adhered them to the buckets.


 I created a Survival Kit for Life card and bought all of the necessary supplies.  Included in my survival kit is a summer packet, which includes a list of activities parents can do with their kids over the summer, as well as extra practice pages.   I also included a DVD of my end of the year video, which I created using pictures of my students from throughout the year.  I've only cried twice watching it--I'm going to miss this group of kids so much!

Summer Packet and Survival Kit for Life 


Above is an image of all of the items I included in the bucket.  Let me also note that my kids LOVE envelopes and writing letters, so I had to include the envelope.  😄 I also included smelly crayons and stickers because who doesn't love smelly stickers and crayons? 


Here's the finished product! Even better, my kids loved them and so did their parents!  

Although you may feel like you're in survival mode at the end of the school year, remember that your kids need you.  Give more. Love more.  And cherish every moment.  

Forever Yung, 
Kyra

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Instagram