Three Week Hiatus

January 31, 2018

Just recently, after the holiday rush and craziness, I took a three week hiatus from my Etsy shop.  I knew going in to the holiday season that I would eventually have to take some time off, but it's amazing how you always take time off from something and find something to fill the time.  Let's just say that if I wouldn't have taken some time off, I would have literally pulled my hair out.



Right before I almost pulled my hair out.   

As you know from an earlier blog post, I moved to Central Illinois about six months ago to actually live with my husband, rather than living in two separate states, 280 miles apart.  I moved into a one bedroom apartment with him, which seemed spacious enough at the time, but as I continued to move things in, I suddenly became claustrophobic and frustrated with our lack of space.  Also, whoever designed the apartments should have planned some better lighting.  I need bright lights and spacious areas in my life!! 

Needless to say, something had to give.  Over Thanksgiving break, we both found a house online that we liked and wanted to take a look at.  Following break, we visited the house, but we weren't totally in love with it.  As we were standing in the driveway, we saw another house across the street that also had a for sale sign and it didn't take much to convince us to view the house.  As we walked in, we knew things weren't perfect or exactly how we wanted our first house to be, but after discussing the pros and cons of the house, we decided to make an offer.  We closed on the house at the beginning of January and have been busy ever since.  I had to take a three week hiatus from my Etsy shop to work endless hours on our house--painting, getting the floors redone, redoing the kitchen, and spending money left and right!  I can't even count the number of nights I stayed up until at least midnight, which is WAY past my bedtime.  If you want me to be in a good mood, never let her get hangry or  become sleep deprived--just ask my husband! 😂

Flooring color options

Adding backsplash in our kitchen

My husband LOVES furniture shopping (as you can tell)

Our new entryway--we redid the floors in this area, but we still need to redo the railings.  

All of the biggest projects are FINALLY done and we are currently working on decorating and buying furniture.  We still have plenty of projects left to complete, but we're hoping to get most of those accomplished on the weekends.  The Yung Life now includes being homeowners and we couldn't be happier! I plan to post more of our transformations later! Stay tuned! 

Forever Yung, 
Kyra 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Instagram